Chris is a principal and is co-manager of the firm’s Corporate & Business Transactions group. He concentrates his practice in transactional matters, including the acquisition, development, financing, sale, and leasing of commercial and municipal property, including shopping centers, office buildings, mixed use projects, industrial and waterfront property, as well as residential developments.
Chris represents developers, investors, lenders, landlords, and tenants in a variety of commercial real estate transactions. He also represents small and medium-sized private businesses in mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
Chris advises business and governmental clients in organizational, transactional, and corporate matters, including negotiation, preparation, and review of operating and shareholder agreements and other corporate and governing documents, commercial contracts, and financing agreements.
Chris is recognized as a practical, business-minded lawyer who protects his clients’ interests without “over lawyering” transactions. He focuses on getting the deal done efficiently with the best possible result for his client.
- Assisted in representation of marine terminal operator in complex lease transaction valued at over $1 billion.
- Represented manufacturing company in negotiation and documentation of $130 million asset-based working capital credit facility.
- Represented a commodities company in refinancing of $125 million syndicated line of credit.
- Represented municipality in bond and financing transactions totaling over $18 million for capital improvement projects and related matters.
- Represented private real estate investment and management companies in the acquisition, financing, and disposition of shopping centers.
- Represented preferred developer for national convenience store chain in acquisition and disposition of freestanding sites.
- Represented physician group in preparation and review of contracts, corporate documents, and partnership agreements.
26 WRVB Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers” for Norfolk, Coastal Virginia Magazine
January 24, 2023
70 WRVB Attorneys Named to 2022 “Legal Elite”
November 29, 2022
WRVB Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year” for Roanoke and Norfolk
August 19, 2022
WRVB Attorneys Make Major Showing in Best Lawyers in America
August 18, 2022
Attorneys Selected for the 2022 Virginia Super Lawyers List
May 5, 2022
Chris Ambrosio honored as Virginia’s Go To Business Lawyer
March 23, 2022
Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
January 6, 2022
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
January 1, 2022
28 Vandeventer Black LLP lawyers named to 2022 Best Lawyers® list
August 19, 2021
Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
January 1, 2021
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Selected as 2020 Legal Elite
November 30, 2020
CRE Attorneys Ambrosio, Crouch, and King Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® list
August 28, 2020
28 Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® list
August 20, 2020
Twenty-two Vandeventer Black Attorneys Selected as 2019 Legal Elite
November 25, 2019
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as 2020 Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
November 25, 2019
Business and Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Named to the 2020 Best Lawyers® list and Receive the “Lawyer of the Year” distinction
August 28, 2019
Vandeventer Black Commercial Real Estate attorneys Named ‘Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia’
January 29, 2019
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
December 13, 2018
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as 2018 Legal Elite
December 11, 2018
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Listed as ‘The Best Lawyers in America’ of 2019
August 24, 2018
Twenty-two Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers
December 14, 2017
Vandeventer Black Attorneys Recognized as “Lawyers of the Year” for 2018
September 11, 2017
27 Vandeventer Black Attorneys Named ‘The Best Lawyers in America’ of 2018
August 22, 2017
Twenty-two Vandeventer Black Attorneys 2016 Legal Elite Finalists
January 9, 2017