Your plans require robust due diligence, attention to detail, and timely and efficient execution. Our attorneys are your partners in this process, getting to know you, your company, industry, and situation. We help companies grow by integrating people, products and services, while protecting assets and ideas.
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black (WRVB) provides counsel on mergers and acquisitions for all types of businesses, from small privately-held companies to large public corporations. Our attorneys have represented a range of clients in mergers and acquisitions including manufacturers, media companies, software developers, energy companies, automotive dealers, and other retailers.
Our integrated team can handle all aspects of M&A activity, from agreement to execution, using a cross-section of attorneys as needed. We are prepared to efficiently and effectively structure, negotiate and consummate asset, stock or merger transactions of any size and complexity in a variety of industries.
Tailored Legal Counseling and Strategic Guidance
Our M&A team is well-versed in leading deals from term sheet to closing, with particular focus on the following transactional components:
- Corporate Governance
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
- Environmental & Regulatory Matters
- Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
- Representing a technology company in an equity sale to a Belgium-based company, including negotiating with current lead investors to address concerns and protecting members in their post-closing obligations and earn-out structure.
- Day-to-day general counsel guidance as well as representation in seed, series, and bridge financing for an alternative energy technology company.
- Counsel for a non-profit venture capital fund that invests in start-up companies
in Southwest Virginia; the investments each have job creation requirements.
- Representing a purchaser in the acquisition of a national chain retail store that included extensive due diligence, as it was a newly constructed location with outstanding site work issues.
- Representing an auto dealership in a sale to a larger owner, who incorporated it into a portfolio of 23 locations throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate & Business Transactions
- Emerging Growth & Venture Capital
- Intellectual Property
- Governor Northam’s Proposed Changes to Marijuana Legislation Would Legalize Simple Possession by July 1, 2021
- Changing Times — Recent Developments Give Cannabis Businesses New Optimism (Part 2)
- Be Wary of Real Estate Closings When Appealing Judgments
- Changing Times — Recent Developments Give Cannabis Businesses New Optimism
- The Short Guide to Short-Term Rentals: Norfolk, VA Edition