To help you balance the competing demands of project stakeholders, regulatory officials, and community interests, the construction and government contracts attorneys of Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black (WRVB) offer sophisticated legal counsel and practical business solutions.
We have experience in the following areas:
- Construction. Our attorneys can guide you through all areas of construction law, from contract documentation and negotiation to construction-dispute resolution. We understand the extraordinarily tight timeframes and the high cost of delays involving large-scale projects. We work closely with your senior leadership and project managers to identify and resolve issues before they affect timelines.
- Government contracts. Providing products and services to federal, state, and local governments is a complex business. We assist clients with government contracts ranging from small business supply and service contracts to worldwide logistics and technology contracts, as well as various types of construction and repair contracts.
- Ship repair and construction. For more than 135 years, we have advised U.S. ship building, repair, and maintenance companies and shipyards with operations across the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf coasts. We can advise you on government contracting laws, day-to-day legal issues, strategic planning, labor, employment, and workers’ compensation matters. We also have experience representing clients in disputes heard in federal and state courts, federal boards of contract appeal, and domestic and international arbitral bodies.
- Government Contracts
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Municipalities & Public Infrastructure
- Ship Repair & Construction
- Workers’ Compensation
- Ransomware — What it is, how to avoid it, and what to do if you are infected.
- Now That’s A Steel: VDOT Issues Memorandum for Steel Escalation Price Adjustments
- Emergency Action Plans
- Heat Protection Awareness: It’s starting to get hot again in many places and in other places heat is a constant issue
- Construction Industry Safety Awareness