The Firm has raised more than $82k for United Way of South Hampton Roads in 5 years
Vandeventer Black joined efforts with the United Way of South Hampton Roads 2017 Annual Campaign. This year, the firm raised a total of $17,260 through employee contributions, and sponsorships.
This amount will help provide:
· 3,718 meals for children and adults in shelter
· 77 weeks of therapeutic horseback riding for a special needs student
· 72 adults with urgent dental services for 1 year
· 23 mothers will receive eight weeks of childcare while searching for a job
· 11 children in hospice, and their families, with a year of counseling support group sessions
· 11 move-in packages to cover basic needs for a person transitioning from homelessness to supportive housing
“We support the local United Way Chapter because we believe that they make a difference in our community,” said Michael L. Sterling, Managing Partner.