After completing a clerkship with the Honorable Junius P. Fulton III at the Court of Appeals of Virginia, Jennifer “Jenny” L. Eaton rejoins the recently merged firm of Woods Roger Vandeventer Black PLC as a Principal. Her appellate clerkship compliments her previous circuit court clerkship providing her additional experience in serving clients in complex litigation matters at both the trial and appellate levels.
Jenny’s legal trajectory at the firm began in 2015 when she joined the firm as a junior Associate. Her career progression has been consistent and outstanding, earning her this well-earned promotion as Principal. As a highly accomplished young attorney, Jenny has been a recipient of many awards and recognitions, including:
- Robert O’Donnell Pro Bono Service Award, 2021, an award in honor of recently retired partner Robert O’Donnell, presented annually to the firm’s attorney who has made significant contributions to the firm’s pro bono efforts in the past year.
- Up & Coming Lawyer by Virginia Lawyers Weekly, Class of 2020, recognition of select lawyers across the commonwealth making their mark within their first ten years of practice.
- Taylor Reveley Award, 2019, an award dedicated to a William & Mary Law alumnus who has graduated in the past ten years and personifies the citizen lawyer tradition of professional achievement, service, personal integrity, and community leadership.
- Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association (NPBA) Walter E. Hoffman Community Service Award, 2018, an annual award presented for outstanding service to the community by an NPBA member under 40 and recognizes hands-on service versus financial contributions.
In addition, Jenny has demonstrated undivided commitment to the Hampton Roads community through her active participation as a member in several organizations, past and present, such as:
- Chesapeake Humane Society, Board of Directors
- Legal Aid Society of Eastern Virginia, Board of Directors
- Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia, Philanthropy Committee
- James Kent American Inn of Court, Executive Board
- Library Board for the City of Chesapeake, Board Member
- Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association, Executive Board
- Special Olympics Virginia, Volunteer Coach