Legal Assistant (Roanoke, VA)
The Roanoke office of Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black PLC is seeking a Legal Assistant to join its team. This position will support attorneys in the business law practice group to include Labor & Employment, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, and Intellectual Property.
This position is 35 hours a week.
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
In office (Roanoke), without any remote work.
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black PLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Drafts, reviews, proofreads, and routes routine correspondence, reports, and legal documents
- Maintains confidentiality
- Organizes client conferences and attorney meetings
- Communicates and schedules appointments with clients
- Schedules couriers, court reporters, and other special functions
- Prepares expense reports
- Makes travel arrangements & annual firm events arrangements
- Maintains attorney calendars and proactively anticipates the attorneys’ needs
- Files and secures client documents
- Enters time into billing system
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of preparing and filing pleadings, briefs, notices, and subpoenas
- Understand the courts’ expectations for filings and procedures
- Working knowledge of E-Filing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a professional legal setting is preferred.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com.