Legal Assistant (Norfolk, VA)
The Norfolk office of Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black PLC is seeking a Legal Assistant to join its team. This position will support attorneys in the business law practice group to include Construction Law, Litigation, and Government Contracts Law.
This position is 35 hours a week.
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
In office (Norfolk), without any remote work.
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black PLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Drafts, reviews, proofreads, and routes routine correspondence, reports, and legal documents
- Maintains confidentiality
- Organizes client conferences and attorney meetings
- Communicates and schedules appointments with clients
- Schedules couriers, court reporters, and other special functions
- Prepares expense reports
- Makes travel arrangements
- Maintains attorney calendars and proactively anticipates the attorneys’ needs
- Files and secures client documents
- Enters time into billing system
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of preparing and filing pleadings, briefs, notices, and subpoenas
- Understand the courts’ expectations for filings and procedures
- Working knowledge of E-Filing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a professional legal setting is preferred.
Please e-mail resume with cover letter identifying this position, specifying salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.