Legal Assistant Floater, Part-Time (Roanoke, VA)
The Floater Legal Assistant acts as the substitute for absent legal assistants; completing all duties specific to the assistant. This position also assists staff and attorneys with numerous projects as needed.
This is a 32 hour per week position, on-site, 4 days per week. However, Monday and Friday’s must be worked. Full benefits are included with this role.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Must be capable of performing secretarial tasks related to various practice areas
- Enters billable time into time keeping system
- Navigates through sometimes complex government and court websites
- Takes initiative to reach out to attorneys and staff members, who may need assistance
- Updates firm documents, which include, but are not limited to: office maps and directories
- Assists with new employee onboarding and orientations
- Types, reviews, proofreads, and routes correspondence, reports, and legal documents
- Files case documents
- Works on several special projects to include the Labor and Employment Seminar
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Understand the courts’ expectations for filings and procedures
- Positive and professional attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a general working knowledge of all firm departments
- Must be flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to follow firm procedures and adhere to the firm’s personnel policies
- Some college preferred
- Up-to-date clerical and software experience necessary
- A well rounded legal background to include several different practice groups, extremely helpful
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the above-described duties, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands for office machines and computers; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; see, with or without corrective lenses; and lift boxes, files, or other equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The office environment is professional, with a quiet noise level atmosphere, with little exposure to excessive dust, temperature, chemicals, etc.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com