Charlie maintains an active regulatory practice representing energy companies in the electric and oil and gas industries before the Virginia State Corporation Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. He has assisted in matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for electric and oil & gas utilities, including licensing filing and approvals, and the representation of marketers in proceedings arising under the Natural Gas Act. He also has represented electric utilities in base rate and environmental adjustment rate clause proceedings.
Charlie also has extensive experience representing institutional clients and individuals in civil disputes arising in federal and state courts involving general commercial law, intellectual property, construction, and insurance coverage and liability.
Charlie previously practiced at an Am Law 100 firm in Washington D.C. During law school, he also served as a staff editor on the William and Mary Law Review.
- Represented electric utility company in base rate proceeding
- Represented an electric utility company in environmental rate adjustment clause proceedings to comply with federal rules for coal combustion and wastewater discharge
- Assisted in representation of natural gas marketing companies in interventions before FERC for NGA section 4 pipeline rate cases and tariff proceedings
- Assisted in representation of major utility company in FERC proceeding to approve design changes and completion deadlines for NGA section 3 liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities
- Assisted in representation of natural gas gathering and processing center in FERC proceeding to determine jurisdictional status of proposed pipeline facilities
WRVB Welcomes Two Associates to the Roanoke Office
October 12, 2022