Vandeventer Black LLP is pleased to announce that 27 lawyers have been included in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
“We are proud of our legal team dedication, hard work, and accomplishments,” said Michael L. Sterling, Managing Partner. “This is, certainly, a well-deserved recognition.”
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Vandeventer Black LLP would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2020 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Christopher Ambrosio – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- John Barrett – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Anne G. Bibeau – Employment Law – Management
- Nash Bilisoly – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- William Birkhead – Transportation Law
- Dean T. Buckius – Labor Law – Management, Employment Law – Management
- Deborah M. Casey – Community Association Law
- Mark T. Coberly – Admiralty and Maritime Law, Transportation Law
- William E. Franczek – Construction Law, Mediation, Arbitration, Litigation – Construction
- Patrick A. Genzler – Environmental Law, Construction Law, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Construction
- Richard S. Guy – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- James R. Harvey – Construction Law
- Geoffrey G. Hemphill – Tax Law
- Patrick W. Herman – Tax Law, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Arlene F. Klinedinst – Labor Law – Management, Employment Law – Management
- Ray W. King — Banking and Finance Law, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Litigation-Real Estate, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, Real Estate Law
- Neil S. Lowenstein – Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
- Bryant C. McGann – Project Finance Law, Banking and Finance Law, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Commercial Finance Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance
- Robert L. O’Donnell – Commercial Litigation
- Richard H. Ottinger – Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Douglas M. Palais – Insurance Law, Commercial Litigation, Securities / Capital Markets Law, Litigation – Securities
- Anita O. Poston – Corporate Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Edward J. Powers – Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Adam S. Rafal – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Michael L. Sterling – Construction Law
- Brian L. Sykes – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Daniel R. Weckstein – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.